Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
About the company
Leading provider of financial services to consumers and businesses. Consumers and businesses can take advantage of a wide range of innovative digital credit solutions. Giving hardworking Australians the opportunity to advance in their lives is what makes this program so important.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer who has experience in SQL Stack and hands on experience designing and developing ELT pipelines and implementing ETL components. You will be integral in the design and implementation of reliable, performant and scale-able data intelligence solution to overall improve data models, business intelligence reporting, data automation solutions and data product developments.
- Designing and developing ELT pipelines for data warehouse to ingest and transform data for batch and real-time workloads.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy of reporting used for financial statements in conjunction with finance team.
- Manage a robust reporting framework with visualization and dashboards for business users.
- Understanding and interpreting business requirements in the context of Power BI and create data models to transform raw data into relevant insights data models to transform raw data into relevant insights,
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and support of the client’s growing Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Maintain and develop reporting in the Microsoft BI Stack to provide
data to end users.
- Deliver production ready code when working on data pipeline manifests and DSLs.
- Write optimized and complex SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures for ETL, data mining and reporting.
- Develop BI solutions in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
- Follow cloud first architecture principles to maximize flexibility and minimize cost of infrastructure.
- Using Power BI and running DAX queries and functions.
- Good knowledge of SDLC & familiarity with agile principles.
- Prior experience in business intelligence and data engineering.
- Business Intelligence development expertise & experience with Microsoft BI Tools: SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI & SQL Server. Good working knowledge of DAX
- Sound knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
- Experience in presenting data and insights in a clear and digestible format for all stakeholders
- Can look after development work that involves automating manual processes or creating tactical solutions that increase productivity and processes
- Ability to work in a complex financial domain environment.