Website DNA Talent
About the Company
They’re the ones who bring renowned Australian iconic brands to life for today’s customers and tradies. They prioritize their customers’ requirements in all of their decisions, and they’ve been first to market with countless breakthroughs over the years, thanks to a combination of customer insights, in-house R&D capabilities, and carefully chosen collaborations that pushes them to be better.
About the Role
The Vendor Manager is an integral part of the Merchandise team and responsible for Vendor Management in Australasia. Being fully conversant with the latest Vendor and Sourcing Guidelines, and as the subject matter expert in this, you will be the knowledge anchor for the company and need to work with on and Offshore Suppliers and the Global Sourcing Office (GSO) to deliver initiatives that meet or exceed the agreed objectives in line with the company’s growth strategy.
The Vendor Manager:
- Manages the vendor, quality and packing functions in line with the company’s growth strategy.
- Leads and co-ordinates cross functional teams to deliver strategic sourcing requirements in respect of the Brand / product positioning and sourcing legislative requirements as stipulated by company requirements
- Drives supplier management through stakeholders within product and supply chain
- Creates a supplier management program based around their ethical standards reviewing and validating the data and developing an annual improvement framework to ensure strategies and requirements are met.
- Manage projects associated with the improvement plans
- Is actively responsible for positioning the company as a leader in ethical sourcing initiatives
- Manages continuous improvement of vendor portfolio.
- Manages Vendor management and delivers the results projected.
- Supports the training of staff, as appropriate to meet the objectives of the company.
- Assist the product team with relevant information required
- Attend & contribute to Product and Sales and Marketing meetings as required.
- Understand and utilise all company Principles.
- Remain up to date with all new procedures and ensure that all internal policies and processes are adhered to.
- Conduct business in line with all company Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Attend customer trade shows and overseas trade fairs as required.
- Any ad-hoc requests from manager
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ‘Green’ sourcing supply chain environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting (or equivalent recognised in Australia)
- CIPS qualification preferable (but not essential)
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft products and other information systems
- Comprehensive understanding of legislation requirements (e.g.: Australian and Overseas standards and regulations)
- Good understanding of Procurement practices and Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Must have specific knowledge with SEDEX and BSCI
- Fluent in both English written and verbal communication
- Collaborative relationship manager able to work effectively across functional (Internal/External) teams
- Superior influencing and expert negotiation skills
- Sound decision maker
- Planning and organisation skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Good listening skills
- Naturally curious and inquisitive
- Ability to identify opportunities
- Creative mindset to translate problems into solutions
- Results driven mindset
- Manages self for optimal performance
- Resilient and manages self well under pressure and supports team members during peak periods
- Demonstrates company’s Core Values
- Demonstrated experience as a Vendor or Supplier Manager
- Leading own workload while working across global teams
- International Commercial acumen and awareness
- Product knowledge in Garden/Home & Landscaping consumer products beneficial
- Experience with PLM Systems advantageous
- Future leader/ mid-career cycle/ 5-10 years investment
- Self-motivated and proactive in nature
- Able to travel domestic/overseas when required