Website DNA Client
Based in Dandenong South, our client is actively involved in the mining, tunnelling, rail, offshore oil & gas and infrastructure sectors.
Our client is a progressive and innovative company specialising in unique steel design solutions for their large client base. Our projects generally consist of medium to large structural steel sections with a focus on Quality, On Time Delivery and at a competitive price
Our well-equipped workshop employs experienced Boilermakers, Welders and Painters supported by a passionate team of Design Engineers, Drafting Engineers and Project Managers.
We are seeking a Structural Steel Estimator / Estimating Engineer to join our experienced team.
Essential skills and experience
- An ability to read and interpret all structural drawings, conduct accurate material take offs and labour estimates.
- Understanding of fabrication and erection sequences, steel connections, welding procedures and shop detailing processes.
- Ability to identify variations in contract drawings and IFC drawings
- Must be organised with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft Offices programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and resourceful approach to solving problems.
- High focus on meeting committed deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- ability and maturity to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Negotiating skills
- Experience in Solidworks or Inventor would be an advantage
If this sounds like you, then send your CV and covering letter through to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org