About the Company
Our client is the most dependable and quickly developing Business Internet Providers in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. Our client network carries the internet and telephony traffic for a portion of Australia’s biggest organizations and government divisions.
About the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the client’s network, providing technical advice, and troubleshooting across a number of technologies and platforms.
The role will require work at our data centres and occasionally onsite at customer premises. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to liaise with support staff, and to escalate internally/externally where required. A high level of support and attention to detail is expected.
- Assisting customers and your team with their issues/enquiries
- Diagnosing and lodging faults with wholesale suppliers
- Responding to escalated helpdesk technical support queries
- Router and switch administration
- Configuring and troubleshooting of VoIP services
- Configuring CPE for all types of data connections
- Training and mentoring new support staff members
- Attending customer sites to install, upgrade and troubleshoot
- Configuring and troubleshooting of High Availability (HA) networks including BGP.
- Pre-sales network design and validation
- Configuring and troubleshooting of tunnelling technologies, such as IPSec VPN, DMVPN, and MPLS
- Implementing and troubleshooting Quality of Service (QoS) for voice enabled networks
- Configure SIP gateways and PABX systems
- Other reasonable duties and requests as required from time to time
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience implementing and maintaining network systems such as Linux, Juniper or Cisco.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and switching
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (Desirable)
- Additional industry certifications, including but not limited to: VMWare, Asterisk and Veeam
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
- Understanding of BGP, OSPF and static routing ADSL, EoC, NBN, Fibre and other broadband modem and router configurations
- Network design, components, wiring and cabling methods, concepts, and various application
- Routing and subnetting
- Familiarity of Linux OS.
- DNS maintenance
- Juniper router experience would be advantageous
- Various software and hardware tools