Website DNA Talent
National Logistics Manager
About the Company
They’re the ones who bring renowned Australian iconic brands to life for today’s customers and tradies. They prioritize their customers’ requirements in all of their decisions, and they’ve been first to market with countless breakthroughs over the years, thanks to a combination of customer insights, in-house R&D capabilities, and carefully chosen collaborations that pushes themto be better.
About the Role
The National Logistics Manager is responsible for ensuring the right products are delivered to the right locations on time, in the most efficient method. This critical role involves aligning logistics activities including safety, quality, cost management, workforce planning and operations. You will influence and inspire individuals and provide the knowledge in formulating strategies and execution, improving performance and ensuring compliance to deliver initiatives that meet or exceed the agreed objectives in line with the company’s vision and strategy. This role manages a 40 mil transport cost centre, we need a very hands on manager who also can apply international and national transport solutions for both AUS and NZ.
- Lead, execute and deliver the company’s vision and strategy and support the supply chain and operations strategy
- Lead and manage the logistics process in line with their growth strategy.
- Establishes and maintains critical 3rd party relationships in line with their strategic plan
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all internal and external customers
- Provide effective Supplier and Transport Operations Management
- Ensure Safety and Compliance across the logistics network
- Consistently look for ways to optimise processes and procedures to increase productivity
- Keep up to date with industry and compliance information to assist in discussions
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business would be preferable.
- Versatile and able to manage time efficiently.
- Previous experience managing a team of 3+ staff
- Excellent communication skills, telephone manner, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages such as Word, Excel (Advanced), and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Pronto ERP preferable
- Comprehensive understanding of Chain of Responsibility requirements (e.g.: Australian and overseas standards and regulations)
- Understanding of Australian Import/Export Legal frameworks
- Comprehensive understanding of Dangerous goods management
- Experience implementing and managing a Transport Management system