Website DNA Talent
ICT Helpdesk Administrator
About the Company
Our client is an innovative independent K–12 school with a strong history of academic and co-curricular success. Students are being prepared for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and participation in our global community.
About the Role
The ICT Helpdesk Administrator is an integral member of their ICT support team and has a strong customer service focus, providing a primary point of contact for IT support for their students and staff.
They have a responsive organisational culture and, as such, the responsibilities within this role may be altered to adapt to the evolving needs of the School.
- Service Desk and General Support
- Provide a primary point of contact for the ICT Department either in person, over the phone, email or via the Service Desk system between the hours of 7:30am-4:00pm
- Utilise Service Desk software to log and respond to issues as they arise
- Triage requests and prioritise and escalate as required
- Ensure the requests of staff, students and parents are responded to promptly and effectively
- Effectively manage customer expectations and requirements to achieve the best outcome
- Communicate effectively with customers, asking probing questions to determine nature of problem, walking customers through problem-solving process, and providing feedback
- Support a mixed PC/MAC environment
- Provide support to clients in diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues
- Maintain company’s owned digital devices
- Assist in creation of user documentation and management of ICT self-service tools
- Perform classroom maintenance tasks over term break holidays
- Assist with general user account management
- Assist staff and students with training of operational applications
- Preparation and retrieval of customer devices as required
- Manage Student and Staff ID cards
- Provide feedback to the ICT team and assist with providing relevant reports to ICT meetings.
- ICT Asset Management and Inventory
- Maintain records of the company’s owned devices
- Maintain an accurate record of asset movement in and out of ICT
- Manage electronic and hardcopy records of software licenses, maintenance agreements and end user agreements
- Liaise with technology suppliers re: Warranty and Insurance claims
- Order materials and supplies for the ICT department
- ICT Infrastructure Support
- Liaise with the Managed Print Services provider to ensure multifunction printer/copier devices are maintained in a good working order
- Provide support for the daily responsibilities of the Systems Administrator and assume primary responsibility in their absence.
- Working Relationships
- Reports to the Director of ICT & Digital Learning
- Works collaboratively with the ICT Team
- Provides customer service specialising in ICT to members of the school’s community
- Responsible to the Director of Business, Finance & Facilities and ultimately the Principal.
- Experience with trouble shooting, installing, and maintaining ICT related services
- Competent using technology including Microsoft Windows and Apple and knowledgeable about various devices – PC’s, tablets, iPads, printers
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including a flexible and friendly approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to a variety of people
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, proactively and cope in pressured and demanding situations
- Ability to be a valuable contributor to a close-knit team approach
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and juggle competing demands
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to aid and assist all members of the school’s community in a friendly, helpful, and timely manner
- Discretion, reliability, and confidentiality.