Someone who has extensive experience working with developers and is able to architect, strategise
and drive a team to achieve business objectives. This role would not only include development
responsibilities, but we are also looking for someone who can utilise their wealth of knowledge to
enhance our practices and power innovation. We are seeking someone with tested leadership
qualities to help mentor and guide the tech team to success. Having gambling industry experience or
knowledge is not necessary, but would certainly be beneficial for someone in this position.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Lead and scale the various development teams with a layer of direct reports.
▪ Contributing and collaborating with the executive leadership team.
▪ Review and make improvements to the existing structure, including the team structure, structural
▪ Facilitate the transition to B2B ready products and other core business objectives.
▪ Lead the development and delivery of all products and services as the company expands its
▪ Guide and decide on all processes for the engineering organization, including the software
development life cycle, type of technologies used, and overall prioritization of work and projects.
▪ Nurture talent by providing skill and career development to team members and training them to
become exceptional technical leads and people managers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have led teams
▪ Of at least 10 engineers.
▪ With high levels of automated test coverage and a high standard of security practices.
▪ That worked with React for frontend codebase, Node for backend codebase, Typescript for both
codebase frameworks, Microservices (Kubernetes), AWS for all servers & DB’s, Graphql for API,
Elastic search and DDoS mitigation.
Must have these abilities
▪ Extremely sharp logic and communication skills.
▪ Vision. You see how you’d like customers, teams, technology, and competitors to relate years
into the future.
▪ Leadership. You define goals and strategies, design organizations, hire, motivate, assess and
▪ Learning. You quickly acquire and understand new skills and knowledge and apply them to your
▪ Hands-on. You are technically proficient in our existing stack.
▪ Emotionally intelligent. You are able to manage difficult situations and differences of opinions.
Will benefit from these skills and background
▪ Deep interest in and understanding of privacy and security issues affecting consumers online,
and opinions and visions for how they might evolve over time.
▪ Preferably you have come from a development background yourself. Will you be writing code
every day? Probably not, but you’re expected to be highly technical.
▪ You may not be a CTO right now, perhaps you’re a Head of
Engineering/Development/Technology and looking to take the step up