Our client is an exciting start-up business that has been established to train the professionals of the future. With a stable foundation and solid engineering team the company is now well positioned to bring in a Head of Engineering that will oversee the end-to-end development of current and upcoming assignments.
Reporting to the CEO this role will be responsible for delivering against the corporate objectives and meeting the growth targets for the business.
- This will include developing market leading products, organisational capability and developing a high performing team and culture.
- Lead the technical scoping and assessment of new opportunities, oversee the delivery of these projects from a Mechanical, Electrical and Software perspective.
- Responsible for developing systems and software architecture for the group and providing technical expertise to the business.
- Developing product road map, exploring pipeline opportunities to contend with competitors in the market or new customer opportunities.
- This role will be the technical expert and face of the business with all external stakeholders.
Background and experience
- Experience leading programs and teams within a technical engineering environment with ideally 10 years+.
- Degree qualified engineer (robotic, mechatronics, software, electrical or electronic).
- Strong experience delivering complex systems to an ASDEFCON contract framework or someone that has simulation exposure from the likes of aviation, rail etc.
- Strong experience with design and development of complex electronic systems that incorporate different technical components (mechanical, electrical, software etc).
- Ideally experience with different program languages, safety PLC programming and robot programming (KUKA).
What’s on offer?
In return you will be given the opportunity to sit on the executive and lead a business across the entire development life cycle, taking responsibility for new and existing technology. This will suit the highly motivated and energetic individual that is looking for a challenging step up in their career!