As a Billings Specialist, you’ll be a part of the Operations team, and will be responsible for the end-to-end billing processes for accurate and timely billing.
You’ll be part of a small but growing team, working closely with Customer Service and our technology team, to ensure automation and operational efficiency is at the heart of all we do.
The team likely needs you to be able to adapt and take on new challenges from time to time, and many that you might ordinarily consider outside of your area of expertise. If you’re driven to succeed, have a desire to provide exceptional service and want to work for a company you’d be proud to tell your friends about; this is the perfect opportunity for you.
You’ll be expected to ensure billing integrity & accuracy, delivering this in a timely manner. You’ll also be expected to promote the continuous improvement of processes and procedures to reduce cost to serve and improve the overall customer experience.
You will be expected to:
- Preparing, issuing and sending statements in a timely manner;
- Ensuring customer’s accounts are set up correctly, in order to generate statements;
- Manage account statuses;
- Prevent recurring defects through error reporting, exceptions management and root cause analysis;
- Ensure high data accuracy;
- Continually review changes that impact a customer account in relation to network charges, metering charges, market charges and consumption updates and applying adjustments to ensure accurate invoicing;
- Apply adjustments where necessary to customer accounts in relation to network charges, metering charges, market charges and consumption updates; and,
- Providing outstanding customer service through the efficient management / resolution of escalations in relation to billing enquiries; and,
- Delivering against a specific set of KPIs.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
You’ll have / be:
- Experience and deep knowledge of electricity residential and SME billing in NSW, QLD, SA and VIC;
- An understanding of the importance of energy retail compliance obligations and will diligently ensure you meet these obligations;
- Proficient use of MSATS;
- Customer service focused;
- Excellent technical skills particularly around network tariff application;
- Experience in resolving difficult complaints which includes managing conflict;
- Have high attention to detail and level of accuracy;
- Have strong investigative capabilities and the drive to drill down and determine issues and their root cause; and
- A strong team player.