Website DNA Client
Join a global defence technology leader who works on cutting-edge defence systems program.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to be based in Canberra, Australia. You will be part of a highly performing and growing company. It is in the process of executing a significant contract for defence systems. In time, the company anticipates it will deliver other technologies and systems to future Defence projects and consequently grow further.
The Business Development Manager’s initial focus will be on immediate business operations while building up the Company’s quality system to achieve, in time. As such, this position is an essential role that must create a sound base for current business operations but also ensure that the company is well-posed for future growth and expansion. This role will be supported by training and mentoring by experience staff and engineers.
- Direct customer relationship management
- Develop business and capture plans to address the local market opportunities
- Planning, coordination and collation of defence and business support artefacts – such as budgets, training plans and similar.
- Planning and coordination of activities to develop and maintain the company quality system.
- Act as a local site manager for the company headquarters in Canberra.
- Collaborative agreement on yearly sales objectives
Essential skills and experience
- 2+ years’ experience as BDM or customer service role highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with Australian Defence Force organisations and local industry in Australia
- Interest in advanced technologies
- Customer focused
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, organised
- Strong work ethic
If this sounds like you, then send your CV and covering letter through to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org