Accounts Payable Officer
About the Company
The company offers an extensive selection of hardware and retail products. As a company, they are committed to innovation, value, quality and providing a full range of work and lifestyle products.
About the Role
Due to increase in projects, our client is offering a career opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Payable Officer to join their growing Finance team and manage day to day AP tasks. You will be responsible for performing accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions and assisting with the overall operation.
- Keep track of payments and expenditures, covering payroll, invoices and statements.
- Maintain the accounts payable system, including records of payments, vendor and supplier details and other relevant information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
- Promptly receive, match to PO’s and process invoices in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring correct authorisation of invoices, timely payment of accounts and monthly creditor statement reconciliations.
- Process credit card expenses and employee expense claims promptly and accurately.
- Maintain historical records, provide accounts payable reports and assist with month-end closing and reconciliation tasks.
- Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Previous Pronto Experience or Large ERP system is essential.
- Experience within a high volume accounts payable environment.
- Customer service focused – ability to communicate effectively with network and suppliers.
- Candidate must take pride in being accurate with high volume processing tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and fix problems as they arise
- High level of efficiency and strong organisational and time management skills.